A few days after Christmas I asked Melissa where the new bread box I got her was, I remembered packing it in the car but hadn’t seen it since, neither had she. It was then we remembered a strange event that took place Christmas day while I was packing the car to go back down to Provo. In between trips I had accidentally left the back hatch open, which I would never usually do, because Melissa’s parents live on 9th East in Sugarhouse and you never know who’s walking down the street. I was taking another load to the car when I recognized this blunder. I quickly scanned the back of the car to make sure nothing was missing, and then I smelled the cigarette! I turned around to find a freshly dropped cigarette laying there next to my car, which was half way up the drive way. Starting to worry more now, I did a deep search of the car for any missing items: my laptop, Melissa’s jewelry, our new clothes, DVDs, shoes and games all there safe and sound. However as I now know I forgot to check on the breadbox. The bread box was STOLEN!!! The strange thing was our cars smelled of freshly lit cigarette, because the box was one of the first items I loaded, So this genius climbed over my laptop and $300 dollars worth pf jewelry to steal a $12 Ikea Breadbox!!How blessed we are this beautiful Christmas!!
1 comment:
isn't it such an awful feeling to think someone was in your car? our rental car was broken into once when we were on vacation and i felt so violated. i'm glad they didn't take anything else.
Post a Comment