Friday, May 16, 2008

Don't guess it's so bad after all...

I am the luckiest girl in the world! Benji made my birthday so fun, I just love my man! So besides the phone calls and emails from family and friends, visits from a few friends and shopping with mom- Dixie. I got to take a nice nap, Benji said I was his at 5, I thought I would be up well before 5 but at ten after I got a knock on my door and in came a gal from the ward with a few balloons she told me I was to pop them...

We all just woke up. Joseph was very excited to see balloons and was very sad after I popped them, "Mommy, I want them" :( Inside the balloons were a few clues so we started a treasure hunt. I had to decode the clue and figure out where we were to go. But reading "my childhood" I pretty much knew where to go... I was right...
This over looks the gully where Benji played his little heart out as a child in these balloons were some more clues... this time it was harder but luckily mom came with me and she gave me a few more clues and we found this...
This is Benji's elementary school. Here I had to pop another balloon then found our cell phone in one of the open squares in the wall with a picture of Benji in the hole I finally figured out that I was looking for HIM...
After I found him around the corner in a window of the wall I got to open my treasure chest...
It was full of my favorite things Hannah Montana, High school musical and then lots of healthy snacks and curves work out gloves and the best was a GC to a European getaway massage! So in the next few days I get to go shopping, then spend 1 hour in the spa jacuzzi, Sauna and a 1 hour Swedish massage. While he stays home with our boys.
Then we played in the playground and had fun!!! I had a fun time chasing Joseph down on the baseball diamond. Then I slid down the slides and played like I was 7! I guess I'm not so old after all! After that we went home ate a yummy dinner and then took the boys over to the neighbors for a little while and Benji and I went to McGraffs fish house and got a delicious plate of coconut prawns! OOHHHH Yummy! And they even brought out a fish hat and ice cream. They took my picture and even printed it! It was so fun!

After that we got our boys and put them to bed and finally enjoyed the strawberry cheese cake (if you want some I would suggest coming by today or tomorrow... cheese cake doesn't last) It was scrumptious! While we ate it we watched Princess Diaries! It was fun.
So that was my birthday. I'm so lucky to have the best of the very best husband. Benji I just love and adore you! You give me a million reasons to smile!

3 comments:

The Rays said...

Way to go Ben!! Melissa, you are so beautiful! I am glad your birthday turned out to be so special. Husbands are the greatest! :)

meg 'n' rich said...

What an awesome birthday and what an awesome husband! How fun. I'm glad you had such a fun day!

Marci said...

cute cute cute! I'm glad you did something FUN! Yes, Kylie just married my cousin, and she is from Plainfield, Indiana. Her dad's mom lives in Keokuk, Iowa so she came to Nauvoo a lot growing up. We had an awesome opportunity to clean the temple at go up the tower one night. It was spectacular!