This is the Trinity Church. There is so much great architecture in Boston!!
Cute pic...I guess she is trying to hold the building up
these are really out of order, but this is the Boston Temple
this is a typical Boston street. you cant read that green street sign but it says "New York". oh so close.
This statue is based on the book Make way for ducklings which is a really cute story about ducklings in Boston. Its a true story...the bookstore salesmen even said so.
I like this picture of Melissa feeding the ducks...except you cant see the ducks just those flying rats....although Boston's pidgins did seem much cleaner then the ones I remember in NYC.
Public Gardens bridge.
Statue of George Washington... again typical Boston in the back ground.
Melissa freezing at the Holocaust monument. The smoke in the back ground came up front the subway and symbolized the gas chambers
This is a neighborhood called Beacon Hill. Its an older part of the city. I really loved these homes. We talked to a (what I think of as) typical New England Women, this lady probably grew up with JFK, really cool lady, anyway she said the HOA's in the area are strict about keeping the look of the area as close to how it looked 150 year ago...with plenty of modern amenities. these are million dollar homes
This is Acorn Street in Beacon Hill, the cobble stone was really hard to walk on.
More Beacon Hill, the Mail women told us the last time one of these homes (yes these are homes, about 24 room each, and elevators)the last time one of these homes sold was for $10mil. pocket change right?
More awesome architecture in Beacon Hill
On Sunday we went to church in the Old North Church....history lesson..."one if by land, two if by sea" (click the link)

More cool old typical Boston streets
Ben Franklin was born in Boston on Milk street..which in close to Paul Revere's home
This in the "Chuck" otherwise known as the Charles River" with Bunker Hill and the Bunker Hill Monument. "don't shoot till you see the whites of their eyes"

An old burial ground.
We got a ride in "rickshaw" (before we realized just how close everything in the city is to walk.)
Melissa in front of the Catholic Church where Rose Kennedy was baptized
More Paul Revere Statue


So much Fun around Boston
This is the "old state house" I don't know why this guy was there but it made for a cool picture. In this building they built a subway station. inside its really modern and goes under ground...to the subway We may add more pictures later...
3 comments:
MELISSA!!! How are you, girlie! I linked to your blog from Janene's. It's so fun to get to peak at your life through your pics! Your boys are so dang cute! It looks like you had a great time in Boston. I love that city!
I love that I'm getting to catch up on some of my Alpha sisters through bloggin!
If you want to come check out my blog here is the address... www.cankids.blogspot.com
Sounds like you had a good time! I'm so glad I got to see you, even if it wasn't long enough! I enjoyed seeing your pictures of Boston...it looks beautiful (although a little too cold for an Arizona girl).
These are fantastic pics! It looks like you a so much fun on your trip. I want to go to Boston so much! Fun fun fun!
Post a Comment