Tonight while I was deep in thought cleaning the grill I suddenly became aware of the dogs barking and a faint chirping, I turned and to my horror the dogs Abby and Cozy were ferociously attacking a tiny baby bird in my fenced off garden!!!!! I quickly chased them away and gave them both a good spankin and lecture. Then I picked up the sweet little terrified birdy and held him warm in the palm of my hand. Joseph saw the whole thing and at first was affraid I was too mean to the dogs and said with an accusing finger "no mommy" I told him the dogs were hurting this little bird so he turned to Minnie and said "no doggy" and tried to spank her. The poor bird was breathing heavy for a few minutes and kept looking at me. At last we asked Joseph what we should name her after a moments thought he declared "dragonfly" it was so cute. Jos has been learning about names; his, Hy's, cousins, etc. So it was really cute that he could come up with a name and understand what that meant.

Well unfortunatly Dragonfly's last breath was after an attempt to eat some bread and milk. She was so sweet, she kept looking at me not being able to move much and just horror stricken. I felt so bad for her. After she closed her eyes I sang her a song about birds and cried. She died in my palm. We had to then explain to Joseph that Dragonfly died and went to heaven to be with Heavenly Father and that she wouldn't live or fly again on this earth for a long time. We then gave her a proper burial. We buried her with rose petals and lemon leaves to make a soft bed.

This is Joseph saying goodbye to his first little pet Dragonfly. "Bye Dragonfly, she's sleeping"
3 comments:
that's so sweet. he's such a big boy. it is fun to hear him talking on the video clip. i hate missing all these little cousins grow up! i haven't even met little hyrum. give them lots of hugs for me.
Melissa, please give me a call as soon as you can. Thanks!
Our pet bird died today. He was flying and landed on something weird (we're not sure what), but he bled and died a few hours later. Christopher was/is very sad. He cried while he held the little fella. Now our other bird is very confused and lonely. We will have to go get her a buddy tomorrow.
Post a Comment