Friday, March 28, 2008

Silly Aunt Melo

Aunt Melo sang this "Mormon Woman" song for the Relief Society. you can hear a sample of the song by clicking "play sample" its soo funny!!
MORMON WOMAN Parody of Gretchen Wilson's "Redneck Woman" (Wilson/Rich) Lyrics by Robert Lund
PERFORMED BY ROBERT LUND From the CD Workin' the Glory http://www.spaff.com/workintheglory/index.html Play Sample (599 KB)
Well I ain't never Been the party girl type I'd rather drink some homemade root beer At a fireside Sunday night Down at the ward house or at a friend's house While tying up a quilt I like green Jell-o and casseroles And I wash 'em down with milk So here's to all my sisters out there keeping it country And you won't hear me cuss I'll just scream Freakin' fiddlee dee!
'Cause I'm a Mormon woman And I drive an Astro Van I know you've heard the rumor But I'm ONE woman with ONE man Well I can build a Pinewood Derby car and run a marathon And I know all the words to all my kids' primary songs So here's to all my sisters out there keeping it country Let me hear a big Heck yeah from the Relief Society HECK YEAH!
That Tabernacle Choir They sing real nice And when I do my visiting teaching I take a casserole made with rice I shop at D.I. and Costco I buy in bulk and pay with check And when I find a deal that's two-for-one I shout out Oh my heck! So here's to all my sisters out there keeping it country And you can trust me when I tell you That I love my family
'Cause I'm a Mormon woman More than that, I'm a Mormon mom! And when I shop for food I have to shop with my coupons I went to BYU - that's where I got my M.R.S. I've got eight kids, one on the way I guess that I've been blessed!? So here's to all my sisters out there keeping it country Let me hear a big Heck yeah from the Relief Society HECK YEAH! Heck yeah! HECK YEAH!
Put your shoulder to the wheel push along...

1 comment: