Sunday, December 23, 2007

In Memory of Uncle Benny Pearson


Grandpa Frank, Great Gpa Harry, Uncle Benny, Uncle Jesse

Benjamin Marshall Pearson

19 Nov 1908 - 23 Dec 2007

What a day!! Early this morning (2:00 am) we got the call the our dear Brother-in-law Jared has passed away, we spent the day in Sugar house together with all the Chapman's as a family, we laughed, we cried and we talked about the Gospel which is exactly what Jared would want us to do. We are working on a Blog for Jared with some great pictures so stay tuned. Then on our way home we stopped by mom and dad's to get Melissa's Christmas presents I was hiding there, and Dad told me that my Uncle Benny(my dad's father's brother) had passed away too. I have to say I wasn't very close to Uncle Benny but I knew him, I met him, I am proud to share his name. He lived a good long life (99 years) and I know he has much work to do on the other side. This day as been long and drawn out, its Christmas eve tomorrow and I have tons to do, we changed our plans with Jared's passing, we will be in SLC to spend Christmas with Rebekah and Mary. So I really need to get some sleep.

3 comments:

Melissa Miller said...

That is a nice picture. I can't believe he was 99 years old! That is so amazing and awesome.

My heart is breaking for Rebekah, Mary, and all of you. Please know you are all in my prayers. I wish there was something I could do. Thank heavens we've got the comfort and knowledge of the gospel. I look forward to reading the new blog. Please let us know when the funeral will be. I would love to attend.

I love you guys,
Melissa M

liza said...

I am so sorry about your brother in law. We will surely keep you and Rebekah and Mary in our thoughts and prayers. Your family's faith is a powerful example to all of us. We love you.

Liza, Brad and kids

liza said...

I wish I could be there to hug you today and in the many days to come.
loves,
liza