Well Valentines eve if you were here in Utah you remember it was a terrible storm! We were headed to my parents to join in on the tradition but the storm was so bad we had to turn around in Lehi because the point of the mountain was closed anyway. At any rate we had decided that if we couldn't get to Salt Lake we would just sleep at a hotel. So I quickly made reservations and we spent the night at Comfort Inn in Orem, we used our points so we stayed for free! Well early the next morning we watched the news and soon realized that we wouldn't be able to get to Salt Lake as we planned so we pulled out our spontaineous bones and this is what we did...
the Inn offers free breakfast, so while I took two trips down stairs for food Benji was our fairy and I came up to find our table set with the table cloth I almost didn't bring, but did for my parents. And since we had brought our valentine gifts for eachother we had candy!
It was perfect! We decided that we are going to stay at a hotell from now on and plan on the breakfast only we will bring a few more things. Our room had a fridge and a microwave so it would be so easy to bring a few extra things to make it that much more nice! Someday I plan on it being such a big family tradition that we will have to reserve the conference room!
Hyrum is wearing his Valentine sleeper! I was so glad this Inn had "good" food, we had waffels, sausage biscuits, bagles, apple, cold hard boiled eggs, muffins, and a pastry. But we couldn't finish it all we got full to fast! It was really yummy considering our situation... and free!
Benji's 14th valentine! I did the 14 days of Valentines for Benji hence the 13 perfect memories! 14 was "14 awesome gifts" It was fun to put together! Yes that is a HSM song book, we are preparing a surprise!
1 comment:
It sounds like everything worked out just right! That storm was crazy, I'm glad you didn't get stuck on the road somewhere. Very fun!!!
Post a Comment